How does Fringe work?
Here at Fringe HQ we act as ‘facilitators’ between you and your venue(s) and undertake promotion of your event to the best of our ability.
We are also here to offer any help or advice in choosing a suitable venue, or to answer any questions you may have.
How long should my show(s) be:
Fringe shows normally run for 30 minutes to 1 hour – but there is no ‘normal’ in Fringe!
The length of your show depends on your type of performance and any time restrictions that may exist at your chosen venue. You can check this with them directly.
Can I sell tickets to my show(s):
Most performers ‘pass the hat’ however:
· You can sell tickets to your show on the door – please check with your venue that they are happy for you to do this.
· You can sell tickets in advance through your venue – please discuss and agree terms for this arrangement with your venue.
When is the deadline for registering my show?
We will need to have received your online registration form with payment no later than 29th April 2018.
What information is needed to register?
Please go to the 2018 Performers’ Info section on our website – see the menu bar above.
How much is the registration fee?
Registration Fees for 2018 are £15 per performance or exhibition per venue. There is an example of how to work this out at the top of the Registration page. Registration is free for under 18s.
What does my registration fee give me?
The registration fee gives you access to all the promotion, marketing and support services of Shaftesbury Fringe. These include:
- Free listing of your event and image in 10,000 copies of our full colour glossy A5 Shaftesbury Fringe Programme.
- Free online listing of your event with image(s) on shaftesburyfringe.co.uk.
- Free promotion on social media.
- Support from our Fringe Team during the Fringe weekend.
- Assistance and support with all aspects of your Shaftesbury Fringe visit.
What accommodation is available?
Please book your accommodation as early as possible. See Where to Stay.